Thursday, May 28, 2009

College Stuff and more

Sooooooo, having not posted in absolutely forever, I have now decided to actually do something and give an update on my college situation. I have decided to attend Saint Louis University next fall(no, I was not wait-listed like the one commenter so rudely suggested). I am excited to be living close to home, but also excited to live outside the house. I will be up for some new scenerey and new challenges. I will be going pre-med at SLU, but I might major in some sort of language, we'll see.
On a political note, I'm very interested in how this new judge Obama has chosen will turn out. There's no doubt whatsoever that she will get confirmed, seeing as how she has at least some moderate viewpoints to her name, so she will appeal to Republicans, because she's about as good as they could have hoped for. Debate about her will be very pointless in the long run. What I and everyone else am interested in is her stance on abortion. Funnily enough, it seems that she has managed to be a high-profile judge and not ruled significantly on the issue. We'll have to see about that one. What I am also interested in seeing is her views on Gay Marriage and Eminent Domain. Given that she has described herself as a 'NewYorkrican', I am going to bet she's pretty liberal socially, but might have some common sense when it comes to economics. In other words, she's probably pro-gay marriage but anti-eminent domain. Here's hoping she turns out to be a reverse Sandra Day O'Connor and surprises Obama(can I call him O'Bama and make him Irish, that would be awesome). The court already leans right, given that we just came off a two-term Republican, and Sotormayor's appointment won't change that. But if she turns out to be at least marginally conservative, this court could be one of the most right-leaning ones ever.

No comments: